The three main pillars of information security
Data confidentiality refers to preventing accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized access, disclosure, or theft of information. It refers to the privacy of data, as well as permissions to access, distribute, and utilize it. To avoid identity theft, Social Security numbers must be kept private.
Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability, sometimes known as the CIA triad, are the three primary pillars of information security. Understanding the CIA trinity is essential for safeguarding your company from data theft, leaks, and losses since all three aspects are frequently affected by exploits.
The goal of ‘confidentiality’ is to secure data by preventing its unlawful disclosure. Permissions on a “need to know” basis should only be granted to persons who have valid authorization to access the needed information. The purpose of secrecy, in general, is to prevent sensitive information from falling into the wrong hands.
This concept aims to guarantee that information is accurate, trustworthy, and legitimate throughout its life cycle. Because information only has value if it is accurate, appropriate precautions must be implemented to prevent unauthorized persons or processes from altering data while it is in transit or at rest.
The term “availability” refers to the capacity of authorized individuals to access information as and when it is required. Maintaining the functionality of the hardware, software, equipment, and communication channels that are utilized to store and process information is critical to ensuring business continuity.
Why is Confidentiality Important?
If you provide someone with sensitive information, you want them to keep it safe and secure and not to leak it to the point where it may be abused or plagiarized. All firms have a confidentiality clause/contract in their agreement to keep this flow of information secure.
Building trust requires a high level of confidentiality. For example, there is doctor-patient confidentiality between a psychologist and a patient, which is protected even in a court of law. This aids in the development of trust between employer and employee, as well as between business and client.
One of the most important aspects in cybersecurity is confidentiality. Simply defined, confidentiality protects sensitive information from unwanted disclosure. Confidentiality is a shared responsibility between technologists and the rest of the company.
According to UK Essays, confidentiality is founded on four tenets:
- Individuals’ right to privacy must be respected
- Personal information is shared in the context of human interaction.
- Understanding the value of secrecy to both people and society
- Expect that persons who promise to keep personal information secure will keep it safe.
How do TrueEditors Maintain Confidentiality?
- The confidentiality of your intellectual property, papers, and company data is extremely important to us. We cherish your faith in us as a professional online business, and we are committed to preserving your privacy.
- We follow the National Privacy Principles included in the Data Protection Act 1998, and any documents you provide with us are handled in compliance with the same.
- Our employees are bound by a non-disclosure agreement. The copyrights and control over the documents shared remain solely in the client’s hands.
- We utilize any personal information we collect about you, such as your name, e-mail address, and so on, to provide you with our services.
- We never save any information regarding the credit or debit card you use to make purchases with us. All transactions are completed using safe payment options like PayPal.
- We assure you that we take all necessary precautions to secure your data from unauthorized access and loss.
Deleting your Data
Within 120 days of the task being delivered, TrueEditors assures that all data given by you and all documents are completely deleted from our system.
Accessing your Personal Data
You can contact us if you want to change or add to the personal information you’ve given us. You are allowed to make the required modifications as many times as you need.
Our service is completely secure and private. To maintain the secrecy and security of our service, we employ 256-bit SSL industry standard encryption technology.
Payments are processed using PayPal, a secure payment platform that accepts all major debit and credit cards and does not require registration. Here, at TrueEditors, we do everything to maintain confidentiality.
Nothing makes us happier than providing your document with exactly the result you want and ensuring your complete happiness. Our skilled editors ensure that they understand and edit your material personalized and customized to your requirements, and we improve our service based on your user feedback and recommendations.
TrueEditors care about their clients the most and take all necessary measures to protect your information as well as maintain confidentiality.
To know more about our editing and proofreading services visit our website.- Click Here!
Thanks and Regards,